Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chris Gayle throws blames over West Indies Cricket Board

West Indies News: Who is wrong, WICB or Gayle?

 Chris Gayle claims that he wanted to play Pakistan series and actually had written-off plans for playing in IPL4. Whilst things turned at the wrong side and he was at the side of world which he never expected. While Board claims thatGayle made himself unavailable for Pakistan series

Gayle while talking to ESPNCricinfo said :
"It was to be international cricket for me. Had I been picked, that would have been what I would have done," Gayle said. "I didn't have any thoughts about IPL4. I had written off IPL4, rather I was looking forward to its next year. I should have been there (in the West Indies) playing with the national team, but I am here. It is unfortunate but that is how it is."
Gayle said that he would have never thought to play IPL4 this season because of the long tour of Pakistan in Caribbean. The sudden offer from Banglore which came after a party at 3:00 AM and Gayle had no other choice, Gayle yesterday in an important match showed his real presence in IPL 4 by slamming unbeatable century a 102 of 55 balls against his former team KKR.
Gayle was bothered badly after not getting picked up in IPL Auctions. He added "It was surprising to be honest when no one took up the bid but based on my knowledge, they said we (West Indies) have a window where we have international cricket at that particular time. So I guess that was the reason, unless there are other things that I don't know about."
Gayle also puts up all the blame towards West Indies Cricket Board communication gap "I was injured and no one bothered ... haven't I done enough (for the West Indies)? I have given my all and if that is not enough, what is? They left me to fend on my own and I have complaints."
While his communication between the players still goes through Blackberry and different social networks "I say hi to the guys now and then and wish them well."
Gayle is one of the three players who didn’t signed the official West Indies Cricket contract and plays a freelancer player for national team and other leagues worldwide he said "I had already pointed out my reasons (for not signing the contract). I thought the contract had too many restrictions and I explained to them (the board) and I explained to the public why I had not signed."
While talking on retirement of Lasith Malinga from Test Cricket, There were claims made by Srilankan fans that retiring from test cricket was more of a decision towards playing in IPL he said "Malinga and I are not in the same boat - so I don't know what's happening with Malinga." The issue of club versus country, he said, could be easily sorted in most cases through communication. "It's simple, they (boards) just have to work it out as much as possible with the individual and see how best we can all co-operate. At the end of the day everyone can be happy and then we can actually move on and we wouldn't have anything dramatic like this."
Gayle Concluded "You have a window for the IPL just like you have a World Cup window. I'm sure there wouldn't be any fuss. That's something they need to take seriously. I'm sure cricket can actually move ahead and everyone will be happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment